Juvederm and Restylane are non-surgical cosmetic treatments which can reduce the signs of ageing by filling in forehead lines, as well as lines around the mouth and nose. Results can last from ten weeks to nine months depending on the dermal filler used.
Why would you need the treatment done?
Over time the collagen, a natural protein, which is found in bones, muscle and skin which hold our bodies together like scaffolding become fewer, in turn losing it’s elasticity which results in fine lines and wrinkles developing on the skin’s surface. Juvederm and Restylane are injectable forms of Hyaluronic Acid – a gel-type water holding molecule – which act to postpone wrinkles and fine lines appearing and even reverse the signs of ageing altogether with no wrinkles or fine lines making an appearance.
Dermal fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane, are an alternative to a surgical facelift and can restore your youthful appearance by filling in those lines which are appearing around the mouth, nose, eyes and forehead. This procedure will soften the contours of the face allowing your youthful appearance to reappear with subtle and natural looking changes. This treatment can also be used to plump up thin lips, further enhancing your youthful look.
We will discuss your treatment prior to the cosmetic procedure. The procedure itself will not last longer than 1 hour and results can be seen instantly. Make-up must be removed for the treatment, however this can be re-applied once the treatment has concluded and you may return to your normal daily activities. Please note, it is normal to experience a little swelling and redness in the treated areas, although after a couple of hours this should have decreased.
Timescales – will you need follow up treatments?
Depending on the amount of lines and wrinkles you are having treated can vary the time of the cosmetic procedure. The procedure is quick and usually the appointment should be around 20 to 40 minutes, with instant results. To maintain a youthful appearance and eliminate signs of aging follow up appointments can be discussed and arranged with your practitioner on your first appointment.
- Dermal fillers, Juvederm and Restylane are extremely effective cosmetic treatments for filling in wrinkles and lines that have appeared on the face, especially around the mouth, nose and eyes.
- The cosmetic procedure takes less than an hour.
- Dermal fillers offer a more youthful appearance and after repeat appointments fine lines and wrinkles are prevented from re-appearing.
- Provides volume and definition to lips when used as a lip enhancement cosmetic treatment.
- Dermal fillers will provide you with instant results with little to no recovery time.
- Depending on the amount of Juvederm and Restylane that is injected the results can be tailored to what you want to achieve.
How long will the treatment last for?
The cosmetic treatment should last for around 4 – 6 months. As the dermal fillers are non-permanent over time your natural appearance will re-establish itself, therefore to maintain a youthful appearance repeat appointments will be necessary. For further information about dermal fillers please call our clinic on 01905 773111 or email us at [email protected].